Zucchini Pea 'Pesto' With Crispy Crumbs
Are you a mummy who samples your baby's food and like us, fell in love with this yummy Zucchini Pea blend? Well, Taleii is in fact great for the entire family!
Who doesn't love a pasta with crispy crumbs? So we spiced up this bright, vibrant and green this zucchini 'pesto' with a peppery kick from the arugula as a fun addition to meal time.
500g pasta of choice
3 pouches of Taleii's Zucchini Pea blend
2 cups arugula, optional
¼ cup nutritional yeast, mild cheddar or parmesan cheese, grated
2 tbsp olive oil
½ zest of a lime and juice, optional
pinch of salt and pepper, to taste
2 slices of any bread of your choice
¼ cup arugula, optional
¼ cup basil
2 tbsp nutritional yeast, mild cheddar or parmesan cheese
3-4 tbsp olive oil
½ cup pasta water
1. Start boiling the water for the pasta and salt you water, according to your little ones age. You can opt out the salt. Add pasta once water is boiling and stir for about 30 seconds. This helps the pasta not stick.
2. Now, make the crumb mixture. In your blender or food processor, add everything (except for the olive oil and nutritional yeast or cheese), blend until a crumbly consistency.
3. In a pan on a medium heat add the olive oil, let it heat up then add the crumb mixture. While it is starting to toast add the nutritional yeast or cheese. Continue toasting until nice and golden. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
4. Meanwhile, prepare the zucchini 'pesto'. Warm up the blends and transfer to your serving dish. Mix in the olive oil and lime.
4. Cook your pasta to preferred consistency, and save that pasta water! Drain but do not rinse.
6. Transfer pasta to the bowl and mix with the 'pesto'. Add some pasta water or more olive oil to the 'pesto' to thin it out, if you want that is. Mix until the pasta is nicely coated. Then add the arugula into the mix. Serve and sprinkle the crumb mixture on top of the pasta.
7. Bon Appétit!