Taro Pumpkin Croquettes
Slight crunch with a soft gooey centre these croquettes are delicious, filling and fun for meal time.
Makes 14 croquettes
2 pouches of Taro Pumpkin blend
50g Comté, mild cheddar or Emmental cheese, finely grated or 2-3 tbsp nutritional yeast for dairy free option
20g panko bread crumbs + enough for coating
2 tsp extra virgin olive oil or neutral cooking spray
1. Pre-heat oven or air-fryer to 180°C.
2. Pour contents of pouches, cheese and panko crumbs into a bowl. Mix together until all the ingredients are incorporated and well blended. Set aside.
3. In a separate bowl, break the egg and whisk together to make the egg wash. In another shallow dish add the extra panko crumbs.
4. Take 1 tbsp of the taro mix and roll into a ball. With one hand roll the croquette in the egg wash until coated all around. Then transfer, with the same hand into the panko crumbs. With your other hand roll and cover the croquettes. Transfer to baking tray. Repeat until all the croquettes are made. Lightly drizzle or spray the croquettes.
5. If you're using the oven bake for 15 minutes until lightly golden. If you choose the air-fryer bake for 8-10 minutes. Remove and let cool slightly before serving.
6. Bon Appétit!