Pear Oats Vanilla Muffins
Here is another easy breakfast or snack for your little one filled with the goodness of pears and oats!
Makes 12 muffins
2-3 pouches of Pear Oats Vanilla blend, based on your flavor profile
90g unsalted butter, melted or coconut oil for dairy free
190g all cake flour or gluten free flour
2 eggs, room temperature
20g oats + more for sprinkling on top
1/2 pear peeled and chopped into small cubes (optional)
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
50g brown sugar (optional)
1 1/2 tbsp milk or plant based milk for dairy free (optional)
1. Pre-heat oven to 210°C and butter or oil a 12 count cupcake tin or line with cupcake liners.
2. On low heat (microwave or stove top), melt butter or coconut oil, do not let it boil. Let cool slightly.
3. Whisk in eggs with butter or oil until lighter in colour and fluffy.
4. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and powder, at least 30 seconds.
5. Pour half of the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and gently fold incorporating all together. Then add the baby blends, pear cubes, the extra oats, fold in and add the remaining dry ingredients and mix until all is combined.
6. Spoon the mix into the cupcake tins and fill to the top rim. Sprinkle some oats on top. Transfer to oven and bake for 5 minutes. Then reduce the heat to 180°C and continue to bake for 10-12 minutes until a toothpick or cake tester is inserted comes out clean. Let muffins cool in the tin for 5 minuted then transfer to a wire rack to continue to cool.
7. Store muffins in an air tight container for a few days or in the fridge for about 1 week. You may also freeze the muffins for 3 months, just thaw muffins to room temperature before serving.
8. Bon Appétit!